Top Dangerous Roadways Near Hartford CT
In Hartford, CT, alone, there have been 3,973 vehicle crashes from January 2021 to May 2022. These crashes resulted in 577 injuries and 24 deaths. According to UConn Connecticut Crash Data Repository, the topmost dangerous roads in Hartford include the following:
- I-84 – 936 crashes
- I-91 – 825 crashes
- Route 44 –d 130 crashes
- Route 15 – 126 crashes
- Broad Street – 99 crashes
- Park Street – 80 crashes
- Wethersfield Avenue – 54 crashes
- Maple Avenue – 53 crashes
- Route 187 – 49 crashes
Based on the same report by UConn, the leading causes of motor vehicle crashes in Hartford, CT, are:
- 901 drivers failed to stay in their proper lanes
- 865 drivers followed another vehicle too closely
- 115 drivers were under the influence
- 161 drivers failed to yield the right-of-way
- 88 drivers made improper backings
- 62 drivers ran a red light
- 61 drivers made improper turns
- 50 drivers ran a stop sign
- 38 drivers made improper passings
- 37 drivers ran off the roadway
It is also crucial to note that most of these vehicle crashes also involved speeding or driving too fast for the road conditions in some way.
What to Do After a Motor Vehicle Crash in Hartford, CT
- Check if anyone has been injured, including passengers or bystanders. Dial 911 if anyone needs emergency medical attention. Even if anyone doesn’t appear to be hurt, head to the doctor for a checkup.
- Notify the police. The responding officer will talk to everyone at the accident scene and create a police report, which can serve as evidence in an insurance or personal injury case later.
- Identify other parties involved in the crash and obtain their names, insurance information, driver’s license numbers, and contact details.
- If anyone witnessed the crash, obtain their names and contact details.
- Collect evidence. Note the vehicle’s make, year, model, license plate number, and a general description of it, including any damage, bumper stickers, and color.
- Take photos and videos of any injuries, damage to vehicles, traffic signals, road conditions, skid marks, and weather conditions.
- Speak to a Hartford, CT, roadside lawyer. If the crash involved injuries or significant property damage, do not negotiate with anyone from the other party, including their insurer or attorney, without speaking to a lawyer first.
Get In Touch With a Seasoned Hartford, CT, Roadside Lawyer Now
People who have suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligent actions can reach out to Berman & Russo right away. Claims based on negligence are usually time-sensitive, and injured people may be entitled to fair compensation for their injuries and accident-related damages. Our Hartford, CT, roadside lawyers will guide them through the legal process and make sure that they have a solid claim for compensation.
Our lawyers know how intimidating and frustrating it is to deal with insurers, insurance claims adjusters, and defense lawyers. When working with our Hartford, CT, roadside lawyer, our clients can focus on healing from their injuries while we do the rest. To set up a free case evaluation with our Hartford, CT, roadside lawyers, fill out our online form or call 860-644-1548.