Car Accident Attorney Ellington
Car crashes can occur at any time and to anyone. Even if you are a careful driver, you don’t have control over the actions of other drivers. Accidents can easily wreak havoc on your life due to all the medical expenses, car repairs, lost wages and work opportunities, as well as emotional suffering that may last for a long time.
No one should have to pay for the costs of another person or entity’s mistakes and negligence. The Ellington car accident attorneys of Berman & Russo can build a solid claim to secure monetary compensation for your losses. We have more than three decades of legal experience to make sure that your legal rights and best interests will always be safeguarded.
Common Injuries People Suffer From Car Crashes
Anyone who has been seriously hurt in a car crash may face an expensive and lengthy recovery, depending on the extent and type of their injuries. Some injured people never fully heal. At Berman & Russo, our Ellington car accident attorneys routinely handle cases that involve the following injuries:
- Broken or Shattered Bones that may lead to an amputation
- Spinal Cord Trauma
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Internal Organ Damage
- Internal Bleeding
- Serious Cuts and Bruises
Aside from these physical injuries, car crashes can likewise cause lasting emotional trauma. A person who suffers a debilitating injury or sees someone die in a crash may develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It’s likewise not uncommon to develop different psychological issues, such as depression and anxiety after going through a traumatic car crash.
Types of Car Accidents Our Ellington Car Accident Attorneys Handle
There’s a multitude of unsafe and reckless driving behaviors that place the lives of innocent road users at an increased risk of serious injury or death. Our Ellington car accident attorneys regularly deal with these negligent driving behaviors and accidents:
- Speeding Crashes – Drivers who don’t comply with the speed limits must be held accountable for the many traffic crashes involving serious injuries and deaths.
- Distracted Driving Crashes – Drivers who are eating, taking on their phones, texting, or simply not concentrating on the road ahead endanger the lives of all road users. It’s illegal to text while driving, but many people choose to do it, especially teen drivers. This immensely dangerous act is exceptionally hazardous because it involves visual, manual, and cognitive driver distractions.
- Aggressive Driving Crashes – Drivers who engage in aggressive driving tactics often weave erratically from lane to lane, tailgate other vehicles, speed through red lights, and stop signs, and other reckless driving behaviors.
- Drunk Driving Crashes – Drunk drivers may change lanes unexpectedly, drive the wrong lanes, drive aggressively, not stop on time to avoid a crash, or fall asleep while driving, leading to tragic consequences for many innocent individuals.
- Drugged Driving Crashes – Driving while under the influence of prescription medications or illegal drugs is just as serious as drunk driving because these substances impair a driver’s ability to drive responsibly.
- Crashes Due to Dangerous Roadway Conditions – Car crashes involving dangerous conditions can happen due to improper road design, poor road surface condition, inadequate or lack of signage or markings, poor traffic control, or overblown vegetation that obstructs sightlines, among many others.
Damages You Can Recover in a Car Accident Claim
When you hire our Ellington car accident attorney, we will identify the specific types of damages you’re eligible to recoup as we investigate your case and analyze your losses. After thoroughly evaluating our findings, our attorney can determine the value of your claim. Some of the most common kinds of damages injured people can recover in car accident claims are:
- Expenses for emergency services, medical treatments, ongoing and future medical care, physical therapy, assistive devices, etc.
- Diminished earning capacity
- Lost income from missed workdays
- Pain and suffering
- Costs for replacing or fixing your car
- Loss of services
- Other accident-related expenses you incurred out-of-pocket.
At Berman & Russo, our legal team will work tirelessly to identify all the circumstances that led to the negligent act that resulted in your injuries to help us hold the negligent party liable for their actions.
What Our Ellington Car Accident Attorneys Can Do For Your Case
- Obtain evidence to support your claim – If fault for the crash is being disputed or isn’t easily established, our attorneys will collect the necessary evidence to develop a strong strategy for your financial recovery.
- Identify and calculate your accident-associated losses – While your injuries may have only occurred weeks or months earlier, the consequences may last for the rest of your life. Understanding how these consequences will negatively affect you for life and having an expert determine this is extremely necessary. For instance, if you fractured your leg in the crash, on top of the lengthy medical treatments and physical therapy you will need, you may also suffer from reduced mobility, impaired nerve function, and develop chronic joint or nerve issues. Our Ellington car accident attorneys will plan accordingly to make sure you obtain the financial compensation that will be enough to cover all your losses for life.
- Handle the other party’s insurer, lawyers, and claims adjusters – Insurers will try to convince you that you don’t have a claim or deny your claim outright. With our attorneys on your side, you will not have to deal with unfair insurance practices.
- Make sure that you receive maximum financial recovery – Insurance providers will look for ways to reduce their client’s liability and coerce you into settling your injury claim. Whether through an insurance settlement or jury award in court, our attorney will ensure that you receive fair compensation.
Get In Touch With Our Skilled Ellington Car Accident Attorney Today
At Berman & Russo, our seasoned Ellington car accident attorneys pride themselves on being staunch advocates for people who have been injured due to someone else’s reckless, intentional, or negligent acts. We will fight passionately to secure the financial recovery you need to rebuild your life.
Learn more about your case and legal options and arrange your complimentary case review with our Ellington car accident attorney by calling 860-644-1548 or sending us an online message.