Helping Injured Connecticut Clients With Head And Brain Injury Claims
As seasoned trial attorneys who have resolved thousands of personal injury claims, the lawyers of Berman & Russo, understand that a relatively minor head injury can sometimes be more difficult to prove than severe damages for massive brain trauma. If you or a family member suffered a blow to the head in a traffic accident or a head or brain injury in a fall at work, we can help.
Symptoms Of A Brain Injury
We've worked with enough traumatic brain injury (TBI) victims to understand that there really are no minor head injuries, at least to the extent that the symptoms a person can suffer can be far more serious than the severity of the accident would suggest.
The fact remains that different people react in different ways to head trauma. A traumatic brain injury may not be immediately evident. The symptoms can be more subtle and emerge weeks or months after the accident occurred. Some of the common symptoms include:
- Sleeping problems
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Memory loss and/or confusion
- Vision problems
- Nausea or vomiting
After Your Accident
- A blow to the head in a car accident or motorcycle accident might be overlooked in the emergency room and even barely noticed by the victim - after all, if you've just broken an ankle or shattered a wrist, a bump on the head might seem like the least of your problems.
- These conditions can represent serious elements of your broader damages claim, and we know how to work with medical experts who can explain how a blunt force impact can cause problems that are slow to develop and that might last for a long time. Even a low-speed rear-end collision that results in whiplash and stress to the cervical vertebrae can cause severe occipital headaches.
- Our lawyers also advise the survivors of serious accidents with massive head trauma. In these cases, the challenge is not simply to demonstrate to an insurance company that you really have been hurt but to present an accurate and fully documented demand for the compensation you'll need for lost wages, extended physical and occupational therapy, future surgery or in-home assistance.
Get Started With Our Firm Today
The attorneys of Berman & Russo represent brain injury clients with symptoms ranging from mild concussions or occasional headaches all the way up to permanent loss of cognitive function. For a free consultation about your options in the aftermath of a head or brain injury, contact us online or call us at 860-644-1548.
We represent clients throughout Hartford County (east of the Connecticut River) and Tolland County, including the communities of South Windsor, Windsor, East Windsor, Hartford, Bloomfield, Enfield, Windsor Locks, East Hartford, Manchester, Glastonbury, Marlborough, Somers, Stafford, Stafford Springs, Union, Ellington, Tolland, Willington, Vernon, Bolton, Coventry, Mansfield, Storrs, Andover, Hebron, Columbia and Middletown.