Recovering Damages For Neck, Back And Spinal Cord Injuries
At the office of Berman & Russo, many of our motor vehicle accident and workers' compensation clients depend on our attorneys to help them obtain the correct medical diagnosis and effective treatment of soft-tissue injuries or fractures of the vertebrae of the neck and back.
We represent individuals, and their families, who injured their neck, back or spinal cord in any of the following ways:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Other accidents on the job
- Back or neck injuries suffered by children
Spinal Cord Injuries
Any injury to the spinal cord can cause lifelong pain and permanent disabilities. Even a minor accident can result in damage to the spinal cord or fractured vertebra. The most common spinal cord injury suffered is paralysis. The totality of the paralysis depends on the location of the injury to the spinal cord. The higher up the injury, the more severe the paralysis. Injuries to the cervical part of the spinal cord, which is located in the neck, often result in quadriplegia, where all four limbs, and potentially other bodily functions such as breathing, are affected.
Neck And Back Injuries
- Many of the neck injuries suffered in a car accident or another accident are soft tissue injuries. This means that the force of the accident impacted the musculoskeletal structure of the neck. The muscles, tendons and ligaments were strained, possibly tearing, and sprained.
- Whiplash is a common soft tissue injury. Other injuries to the neck can affect the disks in between the vertebra. Any herniation or bulging disks, as well as soft tissue injuries, can cause severe pain and limited mobility.
- Low back injuries are common, especially in workplace settings. Strains and sprains that affect the low back can cause an individual to need medical treatment and may need time away from work or a change in work duties until the injury has fully healed.
Don't Count On An Insurance Company For Help With The Treatment You Need
Many back and neck injury patients encounter obstacles to accurate diagnosis, proper treatment or effective pain management due to insurance coverage questions or denial of claims. We can help you with access to the medical resources you need while working on your car accident or workers' compensation claim.
Regardless of the severity or duration of your injury, our lawyers can advise you about the value of your legal claims, the process of presenting and resolving your case through settlement negotiations or trial, and the best ways to deal with the practical problems you can expect to encounter while you're disabled from work and are concentrating on your physical recovery.
We represent clients throughout Hartford County (east of the Connecticut River) and Tolland County, including the communities of South Windsor, Windsor, East Windsor, Hartford, Bloomfield, Enfield, Windsor Locks, East Hartford, Manchester, Glastonbury, Marlborough, Somers, Stafford, Stafford Springs, Union, Ellington, Tolland, Willington, Vernon, Bolton, Coventry, Mansfield, Storrs, Andover, Hebron, Columbia and Middletown.