Willimantic Car Accident Attorneys
When a person or someone they love has been seriously hurt in a car accident, they will have pressing questions about how they will pay for their medical expenses or how their family will cope with the financial strain because they can’t work. They shouldn’t have to concern themselves about these things if another individual or entity’s negligent actions caused their injuries. They deserve sufficient financial compensation for their car accident-associated losses.
The seasoned Willimantic car accident attorneys of Berman & Russo have over 30 years of legal experience guiding injured individuals and their families to move on with their lives after devastating car wrecks.
Common Causes of Willimantic Car Accidents
The primary factor behind car crashes is driver negligence. Many drivers simply fail to satisfy their legal duty of care to all road users. Driver negligence can take various forms, which include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- Reckless Driving – Drivers show no regard for the safety of other drivers, passengers, pedestrians, motorcyclists, and bicyclists when they zoom through stop signs and red lights, make risky lane changes, or engage in other reckless driving behaviors.
- Speeding – Speed significantly contributes to countless car accidents in the U.S. each year. Violating the posted speed limits and causing a crash is automatically considered negligence. However, other forms of speeding are also hazardous. For example, a driver may drive too fast for the given conditions, such as inclement weather, at night, or changing road conditions.
- Drunk Driving – Even with heavy law enforcement, increased public awareness about DUI, and strong drunk driving laws, many drivers still choose to get behind the wheel while under the influence of alcohol and cause catastrophic crashes. These drunk drivers usually have a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) well above the legal limit. But, for some people, drinking just one drink and driving may be dangerous.
- Drugged Driving – Drugged driving, whether after consuming illegal or prescription drugs, also causes serious car accidents. Like alcohol, drugs can significantly decrease a driver’s ability to drive safely.
- Distracted Driving – Texting or talking on a mobile phone while driving results in numerous injuries and deaths in the U.S. annually. A driver can’t drive safely unless they are entirely focused on the task at hand. Any activity they engage in unrelated to driving is a distraction and raises their risk of getting into a crash.
Common Injuries in Willimantic Car Accidents
The extent and type of injury a person can suffer in a crash will depend on different factors, such as:
- The direction of impact, whether from the side, front, or rear
- Whether the people involved were wearing seatbelts
- Where the car occupants were facing during the crash
- The speed at which the cars involved were moving during the accident
- Whether or not the airbags deployed
Like the causes of car crashes, injuries resulting from crashes also vary widely. But some are more common:
- Deep Cuts and Scrapes – Loose objects inside the vehicle can become hazardous when they fly around during a crash. On top of broken car parts and glass, these objects can cause minor scrapes or severe cuts, may require stitches, and increase the risk of infections.
- Soft Tissue Injuries – These occur due to damage to the tendons, ligaments, or muscles. Whiplash, for instance, involves the rapid and sudden stretching of the neck and head ligaments and muscles during a crash. Other more serious and costly soft tissue injuries include back injuries and spinal cord damage.
- Head and Brain Injuries – A severe blow to the head can result in closed or penetrating head injuries that damage not just the skull but also the brain. Serious brain injuries often cause permanent brain damage.
- Chest Injuries – Seat belts and the deployment of airbags during a crash commonly lead to bruises on the chest. More serious chest injuries include fractured ribs and damage to internal organs.
- Leg and Arm Injuries – Drivers and front seat passengers usually hit their limbs on the dashboard during an accident, which can lead to scrapes, bruises, sprains, and multiple bone fractures to the legs and arms.
How Our Willimantic Car Accident Attorneys Can Help With Your Case
Following a devastating car crash, you will quickly realize insurance companies, whether your own or the at-fault party’s, are not on your side. While these companies are lawfully obligated to compensate qualified injured claimants, they will do every trick imaginable to avoid paying claimants the real value of their claims.
They have highly trained insurance claims representatives who will pressure you into saying something which can hurt your claim or twist your words so they can reduce or deny your settlement. Insurers also have aggressive and skilled attorneys on their side. Having an attorney on your side will ensure you don’t get bullied into accepting a low settlement offer insufficient to cover your damages.
The Willimantic car accident attorneys of Berman & Russo can help you in various ways, including:
- Taking care of the investigation, which can include gathering police reports, getting videos and photos of any physical evidence at the crash site, analyzing medical records, and interviewing witnesses, among many others.
- Identifying all the costs you may not have known your claim can cover.
- Working with medical professionals to assess your injuries and prognosis as well as establish your injuries resulted from the crash.
- Dealing with all the discussions with insurers, claims adjusters, and lawyers. This will prevent the other party from asking you misleading questions and then intentionally misconstruing your words to their benefit.
In the event the insurer refuses to pay the real value of your claim and your case ends up in court, our Willimantic car accident attorneys will be here to protect and represent your legal rights.
Reach Out to Our Skilled Willimantic Car Accident Attorneys Now
Connect with the Willimantic car accident attorneys at Berman & Russo as soon as you can after a crash so we can get to work on your case right away. We are here to secure compensation for your damages to help you recover financially, physically, and emotionally. Dial 860-644-1548 or reach us online to arrange your free case review with our Willimantic car accident attorney today.